Sheffield & South Yorkshire
Please note that to access this project people must live in Sheffield and have refugee status.
Solace is part of the SPRING (Sheffield Project for Refugee Integration and Growth) project which is an EU funded partnership between 6 organisations delivering support to refugees from the point at which they get leave to remain. Working together the partners help refugees overcome the many barriers they face in settling and flourishing in the UK. Partners are:
- Voluntary Action Sheffield – providing opportunities to volunteer and gain employment skills and experience.
- Citizens Advice Sheffield – immigration and general advice for benefits and wider issues.
- Savte – learning and improving English language
- City of Sanctuary Sheffield – providing a one stop shop at the Sanctuary in Chapel Walk for a safe place to access support, social opportunities, advice and refreshments.
- Sheffield City Council – providing advice and support for housing issues.
Referrals to Solace can only be made by these partners to ensure that refugees access the full range of support from the project. You can make a referral here SPRING REFERRAL.
Sheffield Covid Response
Solace can also support asylum seekers as part of our Mental Health Covid Response Fund but because of recent high demand we are not able to take new referrals at the moment. The Sheffield Stress Management Groups is a therapeutic session that invites people to practice muscle relaxation and calming breathing techniques together. The exercises are intended to teach tools for people to use during times of stress and crisis. The group is primarily experiential, where participants copy the techniques demonstrated by the therapist. A basic level of English language is required.
We hope to be able to reopen for new referrals very soon. Please check our website again in a few weeks for an update.
Any questions – please give us a call on 0113 4878360 or 07899304905.
Following government restrictions during the Covid-19 pandemic, our team are working from home. The administration team will be able to monitor the phones during office hours, and our email@example.com email will be managed as usual.