Sheffield & South Yorkshire
Please note that to access this project people must live in Sheffield and have refugee status.
Solace is part of the SPRING (Sheffield Project for Refugee Integration and Growth) project which is an EU funded partnership between 6 organisations delivering support to refugees from the point at which they get leave to remain. Working together the partners help refugees overcome the many barriers they face in settling and flourishing in the UK. Partners are:
- Voluntary Action Sheffield – providing opportunities to volunteer and gain employment skills and experience.
- Citizens Advice Sheffield – immigration and general advice for benefits and wider issues.
- Savte – learning and improving English language
- City of Sanctuary Sheffield – providing a one stop shop at the Sanctuary in Chapel Walk for a safe place to access support, social opportunities, advice and refreshments.
- Sheffield City Council – providing advice and support for housing issues.
Referrals to Solace can only be made by these partners to ensure that refugees access the full range of support from the project. You can make a referral here SPRING REFERRAL.
We also have spaces for asylum seekers in our Stress Management Group which meets online and in person at the City of Sanctuary Sheffield premises . About the group. To make a referral to the group complete our online form here or ask asylum seekers to speak to the team at City of Sanctuary Sheffield.”
This project is part funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.
Any questions – please give us a call on 0113 4878360 or 07899304905.